Doubles and blow out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Sep 25, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well i was wondering how you guys deal with the blow out while running doubles.im using high lifts and gators.when im done mowing a lawn im covered in grass.my feet are covered in 6 inches of grass and leaves.im using this setup on my new lazer z 27 hp.i thought about making a rubber flap in front of the deck like my fathers JD lawn tractor has which is used with the mulching kit.any info would be great.

2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have the same prob on 36" metro hp so just put on stock mulch blades, it doesn't give the cut I want but I think with the mulch kit and the rubber anti blow baffle the leaves will just get pushed instead of going under the deck. If you figure this one out let us know I think a lot of people have this same problem.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mike
    Do you have the ANTI blow out baffle in? Also i get alot less blow out from the meg-mo blades on my ultracut deck.
    John

4. mike9497

i don't think they make one for the new decks.no holes in the deck to bolt it to

5. mike9497

okay just found out that they don't make a baffle for the new decks.that sucks - - -!!

6. John Gamba

from ct

What new deck?

7. mike9497

2003 model decks for the lazer Z

8. John Gamba

from ct

What did they change for 03?

9. mike9497

i have no clue john.the deck is deeper than my 2000 lazer but thats about it

10. John Gamba

from ct

Mike
    Thats the ultracut, It been out for a little time now.
    Thanks john