1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Doubles & Discharging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Apr 2, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I tried running the x setup today and side discharging, man that really throws some cabbage. Anyone else tried this? I also had the front of the deck a 1/2 in. lower than the back Like Eric said, and it striped REALLY well. I need to post some pics.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Bring that deck pitch back down to 1/8 " to 1/4 " and you'll see quite an improvement. 1/2" is just too much unless its on a 72" machine.

What mower is this on?
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Give Me Doubles Or Give Me Death!!

img_0429 resized.jpg
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

img_0429 resized.jpg
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried gators on my Lazer z hp 48" today for the first time. I'd never used them because I was pleased with the cut anyway. So far it seems to really do a great job, though there isn't as much lift. I was really sailing through the grass today.

The negative is a have a ton of sharpened regular blades sitting ready to go and only one set of gators!
  6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I always use doubles on all my Zs cuts the grass into tiny pices and they don't lay on top....Marks Mowing Service

my pictures 075.jpg
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think I see stripes or did I have too much to drink last night.:cool: