doubles on a 15hp kohler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonnie13, Apr 3, 2003.

1. lonnie13

lonnie13 LawnSite Member

Does my 15 hp Kohler have enough juice to run doubles on my 36" walkbehind? Thanks for any help.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 15hp Kohler on a Toro 44" hydro and I run doubles with it. No problems with that for me.

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

You should Have plenty of power. I have a 48" bob cat with a 12.5hp Kawasaki's with doubles and it runs great.

4. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a 36" Tori with 15 kohler, And I use a standard mulch blade on the bottom and gators on top with a mulch kit. Works great, plenty of power and the clippings are like powder I can take 8" St. Augustine down to 4" with no clumping....not even a trace. You will have no problem running doubles.

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I run doubles on a 44inch Toro belt drive with no problems at all. Blades chop up the grass like a hot knife through butter.

6. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

How do you attach the doubles on the Toro's? My 52" has a bracket that makes it difficult. Did you modify the bracket?

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

My Toro is older so I'm not sure what your set up is, but you probably need to put a washer between the blades. I also removed the anti-scalping thingys. Good luck!!

8. lonnie13

lonnie13 LawnSite Member

thanks guys. I have a 36" proline SFS deck. should i side discharge or mulch. In the spring, the grass is wet till noon.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

Discharge

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

My 14 kaw does it on my 36" but only if one set is gators. I tried standard and hight lifts and it was a bit to much pull. The gators don;'t try to move as much air.