doubles on a bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, May 4, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

before i try it i want some advice. i was thinking of running doubles on my bob-cat 219 with 52"deck here are some questions

will the 19hp be able to handle the extra blades
    will it make my stripes nicer
    how do i install them do i need a special bracket or do i just bolt them on
    and is there any thing i have to watch out for when useing doubles
    thanks alex
    don't mind my bad spelling
  2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I run doubles on both my Bob Cats. My walk behind has 17 horse power and it dose fine. I run gators over factory blades. If I run double factory blades then it bogs the engine down more. It makes the stripes more incredible then Bob Cats already do normaly. You don't need a special bracket. Just eye ball them and tighten them up. I bolt them up with out any shims above the blades. Nothing else to watch out for. Doubles will ware things out faster the single blades. Such as belts and the engine. Gas usage will be bad. You cant go as fast in high growth grass.
  3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

How does it do in wet spring growth? I have buntons (same as bobcat) and was thinking of trying them. I'd like to eliminate that little poof clump you get in the wet stuff and wondered if doubles would help. I've never run doubles and seeing that you have basically the same thing I have I would appreciate any info on how they work, what the advantages are, etc. Thanks.