doubles on a deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tat900, Jul 27, 2006.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone run these on a 717 and which blades are u guys using on these and will it void the warranty on it

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

bump - i'm interested too.

3. Brendan Smith

back to the top...i've thought about this for my buddy's 717a, anyone tried it?

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you consider running doubles on your 717? I have a 717A, bought this past May (7 Iron II deck). I don't think I would even consider doubles. It has so much discharge force now, any more would be counter-productive. Also, it spreads clippings very evenly. Even if doubles made the clippings a whole lot finer, I don't think I would consider mounting doubles.

The 19hp Kaw is marginal now anyway. Doubles would require even more hp, and I don't think there is any to spare.

5. Brendan Smith

good point. i was thinking more for leaf mulching in the fall.

6. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

i tohught about for making the clippings finer and leaving more defined stripes on some of my yards it does blow out clippings very pwerful but i wanna the cliipings smaller

7. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I tried on my 727A and had severe blowout. The stock blades sit so low that adding another sets puts them equal to or below the bottom lip of the deck itself. Some say to add to the deck sides to lower that level and it ain't worth all the hassle. I just went with Meg-Mo blades and am very satisfied.