Doubles on a Honda 21" ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Jun 3, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone ever ran double blades on a Honda Commercial 21" mower before? I don't even know that it's possible. Where would you mount the 2nd blade? Anyway, if someone HAS had some success with this, let me know and let me know how you did it and how it worked.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i wouldn't think it would be too stable, the original blade should fit into the tabs on the blade adapter to keep it in place. maybe if you torqued them down really tight...

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If I believe correctly, the Harmony series, don't remember which, with the Xenoy deck that came out a few years back, had doubles for their mulching setup. They weren't crossed or "X-ed" at all, just right on top of each other, at least that's what I thought. Could be wrong, though. Maybe that would work on the commercial setup?

4. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Home depot and my dealer sells Honda's with a quadracut system.

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have not run doubles bit if you buy a Snapper high lift kit [about $7.50] and have a drill press you can step up the performance of the Honda blade for a mean rain machine.

6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got the Honda with the xenoy deck and the quadracut system...Its OK, but not enough RPMs imho. doubles....Stacked, not X. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't. I don't use it much if I don't have to. Walker will get most anywhere I need to go and string trim the rest.

7. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

I have the same setup on the my Honda. It does not seem to have the RPM to handle the setup. i am thinking of going to a single setup. Anyone tried this? Don't know how it would work with the mulch setup.

8. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

I run double blades on both of my HR216 commercial series, makes cutting through thick grass a whole lot easier. The sell the kit at your dealer.