Doubles On Fastrak 18/44

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by NEWTRACK1, Jul 9, 2004.

1. NEWTRACK1

NEWTRACK1 LawnSite Member

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HAS ANYONE TRIED DOUBLES ON FASTRAK
    WITH THE GATOR BLADES ON TOP. WILL THE SPINDLES AND THE CLUTCH HANDLE THE LOAD THE ENGINE SEEMS TO RUN AT NO STRAIN AT ALL. I AM RUNNING THE GATOR BLADES AND REALY
    LIKE THE CUT, JUST WONDERED IF THE DOUBLES WOULD BE WORTH THE WARE AND TARE ON THE MOWER.

2. shivelyt

shivelyt LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I'm running doubles most of the time on a Fastrak 18/44. I too wondered about extra wear and tear. I took one set off as it is getting dry and the dust was getting thick from the extra air flow. I will re-install the doubles when the leaves start falling.The deck and spindles on a Fastrak are the same as the Mini-z, so there shouldn't be any problems.The only thing I was wondering about was the extra load on the clutch. On start-up the deck jumps a little more even though I start it on low rpm's.I guess we'll never know unless we have a problem. Good luck.

3. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I ran doubles on my Mini 19/44 for a few hours. I loved the striping and small clippings with them, but I really noticed the added load on the clutch. I also had to increase engine rpm's to keep it from stalling when engaging the blades. I've replaced clutches before, they aren't cheap and I didn't want to wear mine out prematurely. I didn't think the benifits outweighed the risk.