Doubles on Lazers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Who is running or has run doubles on thier Lazer? Any problems?

If not, how long have you been running 'em?

Let me know...

Thanks

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

tom, i have been running doubles on my lazer all season. not a problem at all. they mulch better than double cutting with singles. but you do have to watch your oil levels when running them.

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Not alot of guys use doubles around here, but the spindle's on the Exmark are more than stable enough to use them with no problems. But remember with the extra blades you will have to set the deck higher, due to mowing height has been dropped. it will add much more blade noise, but nothing better to mulch with than doubles. I hope you get yours set up and enjoy the added cutting advantages.

4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I run doubles on my 23hp/60" in dry conditions.

Works great and no problems. :D

Like crazygator said...it's more noisey and you do have to compensate 1/4 inch...and there is a lot more 'blowout' from the front of the deck.....but in high grass its definatly worth it!

It eliminates having to double-cut on most occasions where clippings are a problem.

5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

hey SLS, i noticed that you were in Nashville. i know it is getting to be a very big city but i was wondering if you had heard of Landscape Detail. Landscape Detail is my Father's company. he has been doing that for close to ten years. anyway, let me know. thanks!

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

works good on mine

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How long have you guys been running doubles without problems?

Has anyone had to replace a clutch??

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

TSG:

I've been using them on and off for about 5 months....2001 model Lazer.

LawnSmith:

Hey! Cool Name! :D
    I have not heard of Landscape Detail, but you are right about Nashville/Davidson Co. getting very populated..major urban and suburban sprawl. I'm tucked way up in the northern-most part of the county...(wouldn't you know all the major $$$ is in the southern part? :rolleyes: )

9. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

hey thanks for the compliment. well, i was just wondering if you might have heard of him. i thought it was probably a long shot but it would have been cool. he works down a lot in Brentwood, and mostly does like big office buildings, hotels, and other complexes. have you ever heard of Century City? thats a pretty good sized job, too big for me to want it thats for sure. i went down for a few days to help out w/ mulch....busted ass and didnt even put a dent in that place. anyway, stay busy!

10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnsmith,
    I'm close to and go through Brentwood quite often, and I have seen your dad from time to time. Isnt he the guy always sitting on the tailgate resting and drinking water? Just kidding, hey look some of us up if you come back this way.