Doubles Rock!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinalCut05, Sep 7, 2005.

1. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I just put doubles on my 52" Lesco WB and they work great! Better dispersment of clippings, better cut quality and the stripes are really dark green/bright green. I dont know how I have been using singles this whole time. I can't wait for some leaves to fall so I can try them on that. By the way, should I take out a blade spacer to compensate for the extra blade? Thanks for all the info. :cool2:

Final Cut Lawn Maintenance
  2. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

is there a set of doubles for a hustler ztr? has anyone used them?
  3. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

Doubles? you just put two blades on each spindle....if so, how do you set them up, like an "X" ??? :confused:

4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Good question.
  5. FinalCut05

I just put them in a + pattern on each spindle. I'm running a gator over a high lift and it works great.
  6. Gnyus

Gnyus LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I'm planning to get doubles for my JD gs75 36'' deck
    How many hps does your mower has? Do you feel blades have tendency to slow down or jam?
  7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

You better be careful doing that. Those are timed blades on a GS
  8. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

I took a blade spacer out to compensate for the extra blade because I didn't want the blades to cut the grass any shorter.

I totally recommend trying doubles to anybody who hasn't yet. I don't think I've read too many guys complain about NOT liking them.
  9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have run doubles on my gateway with a 17kaw and 52" cut for about 3 months and I have to say that the cut is a lot better. But its caused my electric clutch air gap to go way out of place, the engine is going bad quick, mows very slow on hills, 2 gal a day worse on fuel and its hard on the belts. Still so far the good of running doubles out ways the bad.
  10. FinalCut05

My WB has the 19 HP kawi. Maybe a little lower rpms in blade speed, but no real difference besides that. And it doesnt bog or anything towing me on the lesco velke either.