Doubles ?toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Apr 26, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any kind of spacer or somthing needed for running doubles on a 62 e.f.i and a 72 e.f.i.Toro ztr.Thanks in advance:)

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Toro has a saddle blade mount, to use doubles you will have to build up the extra height between the blades with washers, I also changed the blade bolts to ones with 1/2" more threads.
    When I did this I got what I feel to be excessive blow out and went back to 'single high lift' blades.. Do not forget to raise your deck height to compinsate for the lowered blade height.
    BobR

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

I ground the sides of the blade saddles to accept the 2nd blade which then eliminates the need for spacers. This makes just a blade thickness difference so a longer bolt wasn't needed as it has worked fine... Just raise the cutting height a quarter inch and you should be pretty close....

And yes, doubles did make a noticable difference with my conditions... :)

Good Luck, Clay

4. BobR

Geez I feel like I am living under a rock, I looked at those saddles and the only fix that came to mind was spacers, I will spend the next rainy day in the garage with my handy dandy Makita 7" grinder removing about 1/2 of that saddle height. I am sure that the blowout I experienced was mostly due to mounting the blades so low...
    Thanks again Clay
    BobR

5. BobR

erased post - duplicate information..
    BobR

6. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Bob, No Problem... I didn't think of it, just read it on here probably... and you don't need to grind down the entire length of the saddle, just wide enough for the second blade. That leaves a saddle for the first and second blade so it won't slip too far out of place...

Good Luck, Clay

7. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Tried doubles on my 52" Toro and hated it! To much blow out.:mad: