1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

doubling up on fliers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

As I was out distributing flyers this afternoon I noticed another LCO ahead of us out doing the same thing.

If it were you, would you have continued to distribute your fliers right behind the other company or would you move one to another neighborhood and come back later?

The only good thing about double distributing the fliers was our prices were lower and our fliers were in color and had pics while the other companies were all text black and white.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Heck yeh! dont be a follower, go to the next block or neighborhood
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Normally I would say move on and come back later but given the circumstances, I think that I would have continued to distribute. You know what? Now that I think about it, it would probably be best to continue to distribute no matter who the competition is.

If you don't distribute, you will not get any accounts.

If you do distribute, the customer may be more inclined to your hanger and call you because you present a better image to them. I guess you really have nothing to loose except a little time and a bit of paper but you might gain a whole lot.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Friend of mine who started in the lawn biz last year handed out flyers in pennsy. First set were nice, professional, all done up in color. Not much of a hit. Then placed B&W flyers out their, not as fancy looking, and got a lot of hits. Got 15+ accounts out of them.

Go figure...
  5. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have moved to another neighborhood. It was a beautiful day today here in the valley. Can't wait for spring!