Doubtful any work will be done this week (Katrina)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by OMG, Aug 29, 2005.

1. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

We're getting POUNDED!

Keep the prayers coming please.

Thanks

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

My thoughts are with all you guys down there. I have seen pictures on tv and must have been a scary night for all you folks. Guess the only positive thing is you will have lots of cleanups for people. Hope you have a sharp chainsaw ready to go. Best of luck to all you lawnmowers and landscapers down in that area, my prayers are with you.

3. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I have been watching it on TV. Y'all will be in my families prayers.

At least you can make up not working this week with all those clean ups. I hope you have a few chain saws.

4. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

My prayers have been with all of you since Sunday morning.

This morning this site was giving me a Server Too Buisy type message. I expect that it is because many of the LCO's in the South Central US are at the house today.

Best of luck,
    Doc

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

im not much for tears, but i find myself with tears streaming down my face, looking at the pictures on cnn website and reading the stories, one man lost his wife as there house was split in two, he tried to hold onto her hand, she asked him to take care of there kids, and was lost...

these things are so tragic, please pray and everyone stay safe... our little problems and gripes are so insignficant in the big picture... :(

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck to all down there.

PS: Send some of that rain OUR WAY!

Mike

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Ditto here.

Mike, no worries mate, we're already getting a ton of rain here just south of you 40 miles in Columbus and looks like plenty of rain for a long while. I could have done without the rain as last 2 weeks have been almost perfect, enough grass growth to need cut but not so much its overgrown and hard to handle, cool temps, humidity not too bad, no big rains in the middle of the week or workdays, I couldn't complain. And i'm not going to complain about Katrina's leftovers here in the Midwest either, it will all help... if nothing else, it will prolong the leaf drop... I hate when its so dry we get a slow and early, long lasting leaf drop... it hurts my biz. I like when they wait and drop heavy and quick and this goes on a few weeks :)

Good luck to all in the storm affected areas. Sure looks like a big mess what i'm seeing on TV. Take care and stay safe. I guess if you are reading this you don't have much to worry about though :rolleyes: well good luck with cleanups anyway.. payup

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

My thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. I was riveted to the TV when I saw it coming. I can't imagine how bad everything is there as I have never been through something like that but I have to say that you are tough people to endure that and come back and start again. My best wishes and prayers for all effected by the storm.