Dove tail & Ramps for a box truck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by robbiewilson76, Feb 9, 2012.

1. robbiewilson76

robbiewilson76 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have some close up pictures of a dove tail and ramps for a box truck?

2. leedebit

leedebit LawnSite Member

i got what you are looking for i can get the pics by tonight and have all the measurements you need.

3. robbiewilson76

Thanks a lot.

4. keithslawnc

keithslawnc LawnSite Member

Just finished building one last week. Going to prime and paint this coming week. I looked on K and K manufacturing's site and Wilro website. Built a combination of the two.

5. robbiewilson76

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Clonts Landscaping

Clonts Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

7. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

Unless you have a short box truck, I would highly recommend you look into bi-fold ramps that fit up close to your roll up door. If you have a longer box like 14 foot or longer and add a dovetail you get what's called "swing" and if you're not careful can clip stuff with a dovetail when making turns. I just bought my first box truck and am in process of having ramps fabricated by local shop. I have asked all the questions to several guys who have had these trucks and most seem to think ramps are less accident prone than dovetail. Below is a youtube clip from a company that makes these bi-folds. Check'em out. I don't know these guys nor do I endorse their product. I just think their set up is similar to what I'm going to do. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqzCKyexxX8

8. mainstreet1984

mainstreet1984 LawnSite Member

9. leedebit

leedebit LawnSite Member

any questions let me know

phone pics 056.jpg

10. Bill H

Bill H LawnSite Member

I just had a company in Honeybrook,PA customize a side door and a rear split spring loaded ramps. They did an amazing job and was very reasonably priced!!