down sizing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mowerboy04, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, this next summer i will be going from 35 accounts down to about 12 i'm doing this because i will be starting college in the fall and i feel i will only be able to handel 12 accounts with school. i'm going to be selling my 2 mowers and trailer and buying a 48in walk behind and a smaller trailer. i was just wondering what a good 48in walk behind is. i think i'm either going to get a exmark or a toro. what do u guys think is the t-bar better on the toro or the exmark ecs.
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Dollar for dollar you cant beat the 48" gear driven T-bar $3,200 for a great 48" WB with the new Turbo-force deck. That's a great deal. I like the ECS, but the T-bar is just as nice IMHO.
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Agree totally with LawnTamer. I ordered my T-Bar 48" 15hp kaw vtwin with turbo force deck and the Toro Tru Trak sulky. My dealer said it would be in early Feb. I have older Toro walk behinds and they have been great machines so I'm looking forward to the new one.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

$3200? Why is it so cheap? is it under powered? will it mulch nicely?
  5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Toro 44" WB hydro, T-bar. Very nice machine, I love the T-bar! Then get a 5x8 trailer from Tractor Supply Company.
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So you are downsizing and buying new equipment...interesting. What is wrong with the two units?
  7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Good point
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's a fixed deck (instead of float).
    Takes about a month of getting used to, but once you 'get' it, it's really awesome.
    I'd pay MORE it's so good, the nice price is a bonus.

I like them so much, I have two and it's all I've used for the past 3 years (other than the Z which I just got).
  9. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

there nothing wong with the mowers i have except there getting older and they are much more mower then i need and they take up alot of space. so i was just going to get rid of both mowers i have and trailer and by a 5X8 trailer and a 48" mower and it will all fit in my grage instead of renting a unit to store it in. so thats kind of my thinking. hope that kind of makes sense
  10. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

T-BAR you wont regret it.