Down South mowin' with Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Apr 13, 2004.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

weeds are really tall. Using Hustler Z as a bush hog....deck lowered at speed. Double cut, blowin' grass to the outside on the next pass...clean cut...

Spring is here, bagger off, Quikchute on!

Warm weather just days away....Huster chewing up the weeds...then spittin' them out...5 acres worth...

joey on levee.jpg

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say that thing is chewing up some weeds.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

looks good captain

4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Love them Hustler Z's!!!

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Great Pic, pretty serious slope too by the looks.
    When you cut the tall lush juicy weeds, and when on a slope this muck makes your tyres slippery just making things interesting :)
    Those Hustler Z's are smart machines.

6. captken

Great Pic, pretty serious slope too by the looks.
    When you cut the tall lush juicy weeds, and when on a slope this muck makes your tyres slippery just making things interesting
    Those Hustler Z's are smart machines.

Quote from Down Under...I am still learning how to drag in text...I quess I should have used the quote button first...however...

They work well on slopes...I have pics on the other computer of a steeper slop being mowed with the Z. However ...the walkbehind is more awsome and safer to use on ditch banks, just take of the sulky first, operates at seemingly impossible angles. It "crabs" meaning the rear will slip down slightly, but with a little practice can still mow in a straight line. You can mow where you once only could weed eat.

In this picture, the grass IS juicy and slick, and you can see the Hustler Z just begining to "crab" but still holding a straight line.

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you got paid good for that, that tall stuff is hard on the mowers.

8. captken

I love doin' this kinda stuff...It helps if your equipment is up to the task....hard on it? I don't think so....It is well maintained State of the Art Proffesional Turf Equipment...

It's all in a days work...plus I use a professional blade grinder, thus always sharp blades..and a Magna-Matic blade balancer...

All in all, a good combination....I give her breaks now and then...see photo...

9. captken

pastorial setting for a tuff mower

pastorial setting.jpg