down streaming

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by dbankspc, Jan 9, 2008.

1. dbankspc

dbankspc LawnSite Member

Can someone explain to me what down streaming is and exactly how to do it? We do lawn care in a gated community here and I 've noticed most of the houses are in dire need of cleaning. They are all 100% hardi-plank siding. I have seen some videos of down streaming but am not sure how to set up for it or what chemicals to use. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

From what I have researched on this subject: Downstreaming is applying the chemical AFTER the pump. It seems most people use a mix of 12% sodium hypochlorite and Simple Cherry house wash. You apply the mix with low pressure, let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse with low pressure and high volume.
    I am by NO means an expert on this subject, but I have read up on it a little.

3. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

That's a darn good explanation.Couldn't have said it better my self.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Thanks. I try to research things as much as possible before I actually get into it.

5. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

so basically there is no way to achieve this for those of us who already own High pressure systems without investing a mint into another type wahsing system?

6. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

7. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

What would I need? I can handle 75 easily. I think the wife would kill me if I spent a few thousand on a big system right now. She made me swear at leasst one season without a major purchase! LOL

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Grits nailed it,the chem injector hooks to the pressure hose off of the outlet of the pump so your chems do not run thru the pump,you take a ball valve or chem wand with soap nozzle,and spray the chems on what you are cleaning.

9. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

a couple 40 orifice nozzles, a couple down streamers, some SH that 12.5% type, SC, and your on your way to doing $400 house washes in an hour. . . Have fun