Down the street from where I live....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SouthernYankee, Jun 22, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

This is Bryant-Denny stadium which is home to the Alabama Crimson Tide......Who have won 12 national championships. The stadium is just down the street from where I live so I can just walk to all of the games.

100_0267.JPG

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I lived in Alabama for 1 year. There isn't anything else going on in that state other than football. By the way it has been a long time since Alabama won anything since Bear Bryant. :D

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

DLS1, you better look again :)

Bama has won 4 SEC championships and the 1992 National Championship since Coach Bryant retired.

With Coach Stallings at the helm, we won 70 games in the 1990s -err, that's an average of 10 games per year.

We have been down in the 2000s, that's for sure. But we played in the SEC Championship game in 2000, though we didn't win it.

Bama football has been winning championships since the 1930s, and like other traditional powers such as Oklahoma and Southern Cal, we'll be back winning again! Count on it!

Oh, and you should have gotten out more when you lived in Alabama. We've got mountains, lakes and rivers, the Gulf of Mexico with some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world - along with some mighty fine looking southern ladies! -fine dining and night clubs in all the larger cities, professional baseball --what are your interests?

Where in Alabama did you live? Was daylight visible there (yep, we got that too!) :)

4. DLS1

Okay 1 National championship since Bear Bryant. Yes I know about Gulf Shores. What MLB professional baseball you talking about? I am from Kansas City so it was boring to me in Alabama. I was in Selma and glad to get out of that town. I was their for the Air Force think at Shaw Air Force base which I think is closed now.

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Now if the Crimson Tide could just get past the Volunteers...... Gee, I feel the need to listen to Rocky Top!

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you were moving to Houston??

7. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

He's been moving to Houston for a while now.

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Selma ! Well, that explains a lot! Gotta be one of the most depressed and depressing places in the US, not just Alabama.

Kinda like having your head buried up to your shoulders up a beautiful woman's posterior and proclaiming her homely. :)

Coastal, we will put those orange a$$holes back in their place soon, don't worry! But what concerns me is that you would use the orange puke to take a shot; I coulda had respect for you, then that ! ;)

9. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

DLS1......Shaw Air Base is located in Sumter, SC and is still open.
    When are you going to get a MLB team in Kansas City?
    Go Cards!!!!!!!

10. DLS1

Opps. I was also stationed their over a year. S.C. is a nice state. Went to Columbia, Charleston, Murtle(?) Beach several times.

MLB is Royals but really a AAA team.
    The Royals owner is David Glass who runs Wal-Mart so he is a real penny pincher. David Glass stays down in Bentonville, Ark while his son runs the Royals in the ground.