down to 4 accounts what do i do...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zim bob the landscaper, Feb 22, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

im down to 4 accounts we arent going to make any money this way what do i do my dad doesnt seem to want to do anything(hope he doesnt read this) and im asking u guys... what should i do??????

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thats not very encouraging news. I don't know, sit back reflect on if you want to really get into this and go from there. I am assuming you are talking about lawn care customer's. Next question why are you down to only 4 customer's and how many did you start with?
  3. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Start drinking heavily and pound pavement, move shake do something

but dont talk about it, execute
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Spring is the time. I would be buying some doorhangers. I'd get a couple thousand and hang them 24/7 not litterally of course. But as others say pound the pavement. With enough doorhangers and flyers you should be able to get enough. the key to growing a business is keeping what customers you have not replacing them.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

zim bob, I am guessing perhaps you are not a full-grown adult from your which case there's no reason to panic :dancing:
  6. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Print a few thousand flyers, drink heavily and hit the pavement. I'm passing out flyers starting tmmr. 1 thousand flyers per week till I hit my goal of......:walking:
  7. its still Febuary.
  8. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Sure, it's February here in Metro Detroit, never too early to pass out flyers. As long as the sidewalks are clear of snow/ice I'm passing them out.
  9. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

I just received my 5,000 door hangers from

Time to start walkin :walking:

For $189 shipped you cant beat it. Don't waste your time trying to print your own.

10. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Step 1- go and have a couple of thosand flyers, this can be done at office depot, office, staples. 4X6 or 5x6
    Step 2- go to home depot and by a bag of gravel rock
    Step 3 - by some ziplock plastic bags. Place rocks and flyers in back together.
    Step 4 Go and throw out flyers from your truck . You may want to add some type of special. First mowing 9.99 for the first cut with a signed agreement.

Like any business its a numbers game I gaurantee that you can get at least 5 customers a week this way.

Please make check payable to CPEL Landscape Management. Just joking :)