Downeaster dump inserts and dump trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 9, 2006.

1. pgoulding

pgoulding LawnSite Member

The only reason that i can think of is this and i may be wrong. But are DownEaster the ones that are built in Maine? Because they are it could be playing of the noreaster storms that we get in the winter. Maybe i am right maybe i am wrong just my .02 for the answer to that question.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ive wondered the same thing about that name!!!haha

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

PGoulding, i agree with your theory, it makes a lot of sense!!

4. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

if ypu are in Nashua check out REP enterprises in Greenland they sell the ez dumper brand. much better quality than the downeaster brand. they also raise slightly higher than the downeaster inserts do.

Ron

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

just a thought.........think of how many dump inserts you see.......not many, MAYBE there is a reason??? vs trailer or real dump truck

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have a 2006 Downeaster Insert great unit, bigger tailgate than the rest that comes all the way up. I got mine from the factory Costal Metal Fab. Great unit saves a ton of time. I have put 3 tons in many times. If you do decide on it get Timbrens for the truck so you can load it full.

As far as dump trailersI have a BriMar 6x10 great unit and has it's place but not ideal unless you have a task for it you can use a lot like mulching. My dump trailer I am currently trying to sell.

As far as the name Downeaster I think it has to do with Maine having part of the state called "Downeast"

7. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I just purchased a loadhandler and it works AWSOME for the price. price wise, for under 200 it beats an insert anyday. It installs and comes off in seconds and it works like a charm. Have unloaded over 10 loads in the last 2 days and my back is 100% still. have unloaded mulch, debris, clippings, 2 yrds of topsoil at a time.. 1 yrd of gravel... all in a shortbox truck. I love this product so much i started up a business www.TruckinAccessories.com you can check em out there. :weightlifter:

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I got the HD version of the Load Handler off ebay for $136 Delivered...I just unloaded 3000# of top soil yesterday morning in about 30 seconds. It was maxed out but it worked great.... I have done 2 yards of mulch no problem....I could easily do 4 if I could get it on there....

D

9. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I noticed the same thing.. with 2 yards unless your using boards you get locked up in front of the wheel wells. everything else is sinch.

10. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

Made in Maine i think...