1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Download question

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by bob, Mar 15, 2005.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

How do I download clips to my hard drive, when there isn't a "download" button on the clip. Here's an example of a clip I want to put on my hard drive and then to a DVD, http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html
  2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

you'd need to look at the page code to see if there's a physical link listed.
    as for the dvd, if you want it to play in a home dvd player (not a pc), you'll need the proper software to convert it.

you might try the OT forum, or searcing "burning dvd" as it's often not a simple 1 step process.
  3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a right click on the link and then Save Target As
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

most pages featuring ads (movies, flash, whatever) don't make it possible or easy to download their movies. if he right clicked the above link, he'd only save the html page.

if it's a flash ad, you might be able to look through the code for the .swf file and use a downloader to snag it. same goes for movie files, with the extension being whatever the format is.