Downstream question

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by wildstarblazer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

If down stream connectors are connected after the pump, then why do manufacturers recommend not running bleach through it?

2. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

I presume you mean that (pump) manufacturers don't recommend running bleach through the pump, right? Down streaming does solve that, however; up-streaming would not.

Down streaming is just one option.

3. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

If you are talking about the injectors, they will corrode

4. wildstarblazer

So how is everyone spraying bleach mixes at high reaches? Do Xjets corrode too or no?

5. vladis

vladis LawnSite Member

Even brass DS injector with ceramic ball will last long if you rinse them with water, after pulling chems.
    Or you can get all stainless injectors.

6. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

its part of doing business, like fuel, oil, spark plugs, tires, SH, soap, belts, etc...

7. wildstarblazer

Yea, I don't mind replacing parts when their time is up. I was just confused about the procedure for spraying bleach. Pump up sprayers just don't have the flow to get the product on good. And the pressure washers dilute the mix.

12 volt sprayers need a battery that just complicates everything more. :dizzy::dizzy:

Not many professional pressure wash companies in my area. That's why I want to learn more about the biz..

thanks for help..

8. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

go to PT state and read till your eyes fall out