DPF Delete Pictures

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Feb 5, 2012.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

When you look up under the truck all you will see is a 5" TBE exhaust and MBRB muffler. No DPF or NOX converter anymore.

009.JPG

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I really need to delete my truck.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

Here's what it looks like with your EGR cross tube removed and plugged. The actual EGR equipment is what you see on the left side of the motor. The EGR was plugged with an H&S kit. You can also buy a kit that will delete the entire EGR and you engine will look more like a 5.9.

No egr.jpg

4. PlantscapeSolutions

No knowing your EGT's can be a $10,000 mistake. I use the Edge CT to keep track of EGT's, rail pressure, and boost. You can also get a trans temp sensor installed as well.

002.jpg

5. PlantscapeSolutions

If you want to add 6% to your mpg's you can add an Airdog or FASS. These devices remove all the air that you do not realize is entrained in your fuel. Those tiny air particles get inside your CP3 and injectors and cause more wear. This add on part will replace your factory lift pump. It also has it's own fuel filter and water separator so you will no longer use the factory filters. The filtration is much better then what the factory filters could do.

airdog.jpg

6. PlantscapeSolutions

I use the Smarty software to reprogram the ECM so it stops trying to use the DPF. I had to upgrade the Smarty to a Smarty ME for free. The ME stands for middle east and is the no DPF version of the software.

I have the Smarty set in the 65 hp setting which is considered tranny friendly for the 68RFE. Even in this setting you need ARP head studs or you risk blowing a head gasket that will cost you $800 to replace.

smarty.jpg

7. PlantscapeSolutions

This is the most expensive hardware you will probably ever hold in your hand. This stud kit which looks like all thread is about $1200. These are ARP 625 heads studs.

ARP_Custom_Age.jpg

8. PlantscapeSolutions

Here's what my truck looks like. I'd like to get a Suncost Comp trans but with three kids and a lake that's 2/3rds empty that supplies our market with water it's not a good time to buy big ticket items. The Suncost Comp trans & converter will let you crank up your Smarty and go wild with mods. The trans will handle at least 1000 HP but it will set you back about $9000.

I also have a AFE Pro Dry airfilter and air box. It's nice to not have to mess with oiling your filter anymore.

008.JPG

9. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

So how many mpgs do you get with all the work you did? Whatdid you get before?

10. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

Wow like all your pointers on your truck, i have a 2004 with a smarty jr. What would you recommend be the most important thing to do for my 2004. I also have some 5.9's do you know anything for the 5.9's that could beef them up?