1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

DPS Work & Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MDHomeSVCS, Jan 5, 2014.

1. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Hello all. I am starting out this year and here is my initial setup. It's a 1998 Ram and a 5x12 trailer. I am rigging the trailer now for my setup. I will update with equipment pics once I purchase.

2. johnnybow

johnnybow LawnSite Member

Good luck! ?
  3. MDHomeSVCS

The trailer got its first use today. I bought a plow for my Ram. Also a pic of my "backup" tow vehicle. It gets slightly better mpg then the Ram, but still not great being the twin turbo version.

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

First time ive seen a Porsche mowing rig! Sweet!
  5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

That truck is going to kill you in gas. I use to run a '99 4x4.
  6. MDHomeSVCS

I know it is. Luckily my existing clients are close. Pulling my boat that weighs about 6000 pounds I get about 11mpg. When I expand out I will upgrade the truck. I've been wanting a diesel anyway, new excuse found!
  7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

So your just starting into the business? Part/full time? Good luck with everything.
  8. MDHomeSVCS

Basically starting. I mowed a few neighbors this past summer and was asked to do a few more this spring via referrals so I decided I needed to go legit. I will start out PT and if I continue to get referrals maybe eventually FT.

Thanks all for the well wishes. This site has so much info it's amazing.
  9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

What year Cayenne?
  10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Care to share the beginning of the story? With those vehicles and that house something big changed in your life. Not being nosey and its your business but it might be interesting. Everybody likes a story of telling a crappy job goodbye and taking a risk.
    Posted via Mobile Device