Dr. Bob (Partyka) + ChemScape

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jun 29, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I just found out that he died this past winter. This news saddens me very much. He offered first-hand training for me and many others regarding woody ornamentals during the late 70's and 80's at ChemScape. The nicest guy I have ever met. He was reponsible for much scientific research - working with Dr. Alex Shigle, etc. He was also responsible largely responsible for perhaps the most renowned book ever regarding "Woody Ornamentals" Plants & Problems"...This book still today is perhaps the most sought after manual regarding woody ornamentals. Dr. R.E Partyka (doctor Bob).. Anybody out there who knew him??? RSCVP
  2. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I met him once. Impressive guy. Knew his stuff front to back. I once made the mistake of asking him a question about scale insects and unleashed a 45 minute mini-thesis on everything he knew about them and some stuff he had forgotten. He'll be missed. Still have a dog-eared copy of the book and while some methods of control have changed it is still the best reference out there for ID and control.