DR Brush mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by larryinalabama, Jan 23, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im thinking of purchasing a DR power brush cutter, does anyone know itf these machines are good? The feller at the mower shop sells Ferris brush cutters but there are no attachments avalble, with the DR i can add a finish mower deck and that would give ma an extra mower, Thanks for any imput

2. TheHammer

TheHammer LawnSite Member

Are you planing on just doing brush work with it

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer that bought one for her small field that I use on her place and I take it for another place I do and they are very strong built IMO, but I only use it a total of 4 times a year and I forgot which size, but it is the biggest one they make and it does change out to other attachments. My customer has alot of money and she bought this just for me to use on her field:clapping:.It cuts small 2-3" sapplings really good. Has not cloged on me yet and I cut about waist high.

4. larryinalabama

Thaks for the imput, Im thinking of starting a business, I want a small route for my bread and butter, and then offer services such as aerating brush hogging fertilizing etc., for some quick money. I currently do some bush hogging with my farm tractor, but I have charge a mininum of 120$ to run it. Im Thinking with the walk behind I can charge mininum of 60 first hour and 50$ for each additional hour.

Im also thinking of purchasing the optional finish mower deck and think that will make a good back up mower.

UMMMMM 4 daughters 1 wife 1 female dog UMMMMMMMMMM

5. JHmowing

JHmowing LawnSite Member

great mowers we have one with a brush and finish deck

6. larryinalabama

Seems that the people who own the DR love them and the rest say they are junk. Think I will ger one.

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the cost on the DR compared to the cost of a billy goat brush cutter. I have used a billy goat and they are nice.

8. larryinalabama

DR runs around 2500-2700, the Billy Gost is around 3300. The Billy Goat might be a little better but the DR has the finish mower deck you can swap out. In other words I could have a back up mower at a reasonable price.