1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dr. orders me to stop working today...wonderful

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Sep 24, 2004.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I went to the Dr. this morning because I have been having dizzy spells/light headness real bad. Ive had these problems on and off for years. I figured it was allergies because my eyes/ears/nose was itchy. He did not concur with my self-diagonise and ordered his nurse to get me an appt. asap with a neurologist and also a dopler test on my neck veins. I had a echo card. gram and a stress test done this last January and did not find any blockage even though he put me in the "keep an eye on" catogory. My blood pressure has been running hign 146/90. He then ordered me not to drive or ride a mower by myself untill test get done. That is not going to pay my bills this week and here we are with Jeanne coming in this sunday night. On the way home from the Dr. my truck tore up, LOL it justs keep getting better and better.

Quality Lawn Care
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I used to work with a guy who had been suffering from dizzy spells and sometimes blackouts for years but never told anyone, turned out he was diabetic.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

out4now, had my sugar tested when I went in monday and it was normal, I had thought about that also.

4. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Best of luck and Be Careful, Don't mess around with that stuff.
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

Thanks Simpsy, just worried about paying bills and keep the clients I have left. There is so much competiton here its not funny.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Take care of yourself and do as your doctor says. I know it's tough, but you won't be able to run your lawncare business at all... if your health won't allow it. I learned a long time ago to not worry about the bills. They will always be there. Just make sure you are. Good luck.
  7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope it is nothing major. Let us know what you find out. If I was in your area I would def try to help you out until you get better.
  8. QualityLawnCare4u

Thanks everyone. Im going to try to find another someone I can trust to take care of my customers. My brother does good work when he WANTS to work but cant depend on him.

9. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do what your instinct tells you. Only you know if you can do it or not. You were concerned enough to take some action so chances are you need to cut back, but maybe it will only be short term, or maybe you can just slow it down a notch. I wish you well!
  10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Danny get well! The bills will still be there, They will send you a reminder every month :laugh: and add the Dr to the list of people you don't like, he just charged you a fortune to tell you not to work, And I'm sure he running his azz off to get your results :nono: Hope your on your feet soon theres a whole country of people you need to pizzoff :angel: