DR Power Z Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rolnmrbl, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rolnmrbl

rolnmrbl LawnSite Member

I've been looking at the new DR Power Zero turn mowers with the walk behind option. I was wondering if anyone has one and could give me a heads up on it? The 19.5 HP version seems as though it is underpowered......Any one with info. that would help

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I would think 19.5 hp for a 48" and the ability to ride it would be under powered. My Toro 40" walk behind is 17 hp. Maybe someone else will chime in with some helpful info.

3. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

LandscaperPro.com carries the Convetible Mower also, however we carry engine sizes of 19, 20, 25, and 30 HP engines. Check them out if you feel like you need more than 19HP.

I have only ran the 30 HP unit that we currently have at our storefront and it is MORE than enough for that unit. Sorry I cannot comment on the power of a 19HP unit.

Thanks

http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4748&HS=1

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That DR is made by Rich Convertible, isn't it? That was my thought...they sure look the same.

5. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Correct, Rich Manu makes the Convertible Mower.

6. rolnmrbl

rolnmrbl LawnSite Member

The DR and Rich are very much alike but have differences.......perhaps DR bought the patent, or copied it with enough difference to clear it.
    The DR claims speeds of 13mph which is beleivable with the 19.5hp engine, but what I'd like to know is can it maintain a blade speed that cuts clean with that small of an engine? Maybe I'll get lucky and someone who owns one will post here.......if not DR does offer a six month trial.
    Thanks for all the posts
    Randy
    P.S. The DR lists for $1000.00 less than Rich, but there is a chipping charge of about $300.00 unless you live near one of the 4 DR stores in Vt., Ct. or NH.

7. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

The DR is made by Rich. They are the same machine.

8. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

Are the blades powerd by hydro or direct drive?

9. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Direct Drive

10. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

I would want to demo one first. Or find someone local that has one you can check out first hand.