1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drag race anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetland, Apr 9, 2012.

1. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I new the hustler would be the one to beat. I had an augument with a Dixie chopper representative, 2 years ago at a convention. I told him that Dixie should stop advertising that they are the fastest mower in the world. That Hustler holds the crown now.
  3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

The guys even said in the beginning that it was the fastest in the world and it came in dead last!
    The wheelies were pretty cool, never beat on mine and tried that
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

If that was a newer model chopper it sure wouldn't be in last.
  5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

That DC is a mid 90s Lets get ahustler thats in mid 90s wait hustler didnt have a ZTR in the mid 90s
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Do you think they could have found a slower Dixie? The 2003 Dixie XT2800 was actually the fastest Dixie built. They accidentally mismatched the pumps and wheel motors on a few hundred of them and ended up with a mower that will run close to 17 MPH. The design speed was 15 MPH. The Dixie in that video is going about 8 MPH. Put the 2003 XT2800 out there and see what happens.
  7. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Get your facts straight before posting. Hustler invented the ZTR mower, LOL. First one came out in 1964, LOL.

The Super Z is the fastest production mower on the market!

I am not bashing the DIxie Chopper. The one in the vid looked old. I think Dixie's best newer model may have made a close 2nd place.
  8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Old video. There are several threads on this somewhere.

With that being said, there are plenty of fast older DC's. I had one in 1997.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. javelin377

javelin377 LawnSite Member

I've never been on a Dixie chopper, but did demo a new 31 hp Hustler Super Z. Holy crap that thing is fast.
    Posted via Mobile Device