Drag Race

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Keep in mind we are comparing apples and oranges.

And they're off;

beck on the Dixie (genaeric) is out front just hits top speed, and LGF on the Hustler Super Z (honda) just over takes him and starts to pull away, then Summer on the Bladerunner (lambordini)finaly takes a commading lead and pulls away. We did it this way a couple of times with the same happen each time.

Then Alex from bladerunner hops on the BR to do it again against the Supper Z and the BR pulls away again.

Then Alex and I switch and the BR still pulled away once the Super Z tops out at 15mph.

All 3 mowers are VERY fast and in my opinion I call it a 3 way tie. They each have their advantages and disadvantages over each other.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have yet to find a way to mow at full speed without leaving a trashy lawn .... one that needs to be mowed again. I'll keep it a little slower and mow it good the first time.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't know.. there's just something about the idea of a lawnmower that runs most school zone speed limits that just scares me. i'll have to stick to my 5mph walker till i can get my smaller pulley to get to about 7mph. maybe next season i can jump to 9.5 with an HP.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Not to pee on the parade but any mower can go faster by turning the hydros up. The Hustler can do +20MPH if the hydros are cranked , but why?

I am sure all 3 have good points but I have only been on 1 or 2 lawns that could be mowed at mach speed and this would be Soldier field and Lambeau field. Unfortunately, I don't have those accounts.
    I'm like Mike for now.
  5. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Any pictures of the race?

Also if I am reading this correctly the old bladerunner was the fastest mower there?
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

did you invite bob vila or tim allen to participate as celebrity drivers?
  7. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

By the way just how fast are these mowers? The dixie guys around here claim that the geneiric dixie is the fastest dixie produced and it will run 18 mph. So I quess that the hustler and the bladerunner must run 20+!
  8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

on some lawns in CT my Sthm is airborn at 5-6 mph. Maybe I need a Ferris w springs Ed
  9. You don't always have to use that speed, it is there if and when you need it.
  10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Just to give an example,

I was thinking today about using a Super Z with a blower buggy at 15 mph to blow off a large property that i am bidding for next year. I dont think that you can even run that fast.