Dragged my Blower 2 Blocks Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luv2fly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. luv2fly

luv2fly LawnSite Member
    from ATL

Tell me someone else has done something like this. I just loaded 30 bails of pine straw in my trailer. I sat my blower on the ground attached to a locking cable. I told the loader thanks and jumped in the truck and drove off. I got two blocks away and said to myself what's that noise, then it hit me. I put a hole in the fuel tank. It's going to take a week to get a new tank.

Any suggestions on patching it until next week?

Thanks,

Luv2fly

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Auto parts store, they make stuff for plastic gas tank repair. I bought some this year, works well.....you knead it in your hands and get it warm, then apply like putty. May last until your new tank arrives.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I ran over my push mower once because we forgot to put it back on the trailer. Had it between the truck and trailer, just took off. Needed a new push mower after that.

Other thing that happened was I hit a curb. Big mower went sideways, hit the wheel cover on the trailer, bent it in so that it was rubbing on the wheel. Me and my partner were oblivious to it, just driving down the street. Smelled the tire burning, made a joke about some dumb kid squealing his tires. 2 minutes later the whole thing blew up. Major mess, major dumb screw up.

:D :D

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Yeah, use that stuff ElephantNest suggested, and then cover the sucker with duct tape as well. Get the tank VERY CLEAN, that way if it is leaking you can tell before you lose too much gas.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Get some Quicksteel dude, it comes in a little stick you break of a chunk knead it until it's all one color and jam it on. It works super trick,and if you get it clean and sand the plastic (to rough it up) you probably won't need the new tank! :D

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Try some quicksteel you may not need a new tank if you use it right!

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That was a subliminal attempt to get a new Echo pb750. Like the commercial of the man and wife looking at where their old gas grill was sitting before it was "stolen".

8. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I drove my Z off the trailer last year went about 100 feet and turned and low and behold my push mower was following me just like a tin can on a string. Seems the pull rope had become entangled in/on the Z and I just pulled it along behind me. It needed major renovation! I looked around real quick to see if anyone had seem my stupidity. Stihl headphones work real well. I never heard the push mower bouncing around behind me. Someone give me a "sign"

9. luv2fly

luv2fly LawnSite Member
    from ATL

Gentlemen,

Thanks, for all the great info!

I've wanted to upgrade the blower. I was hoping to wait for end of the years deals.

Thanks again,

Luv2fly

10. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Several weeks ago while unloading after driving 20 miles to my first stop in the morning , my trailer lifted off the hitch and into the air as i got to the back of the trailer with my scag. It hit me like a ton of bricks, that i had forgot to put the pin through the lock on the hitch. I thank the almighty my trailer didnt come off while driving, even with the safety chains on it still could have been nasty