drainage help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ticolawnllc, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

{Pssssst. Check the box that controls whether or not your signature is displayed with your post. Best results here are for posters who leave out the equipment lists.}

3. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I am interested in every nut and bolt a person has boots.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Be sure to write everyone and so enquire. :rolleyes:

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

::::Gets PM from Jim, starts counting, tells him I have two nuts and one bolt::::dizzy:

7. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

8. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

This feels like high school all over again. For a group of guy expressing your maturity and lack of need for sigs you sure are acting like children.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

True, all true. However, since you asked, I did a ton of drainage, and used a designer that did septic drainfields. He would ascertain if the water was coming from the surface, in which case drain boxes were installed and daylighted to the low point. If it was subsurface, we went down to hardpan, six inches deeper and installed drainpipe (socks came later, but a great idea.) He called for drain rock all the way to the top of grade,but we later modified his designs and used fabric to provide some mulch to cover. He spec'd a plastic wrap on the downhill side of a curtain drain to channel the water into the pipes. Never had one fail.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  10. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

Sound hard core. I don't feel the home owner is looking to put a lot of money in to this. Seeing the problem is getting worst I'll have to have a talk with them and up the budget.