drainage issue

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DBL, Jun 11, 2008.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

Have a customer who is getting water in his basement (pic 1 and 2) and pooling water (pic 3 and 4) i would like to, like we usually do in this situation, make a collection area for pic 1 and run corrugated down hill towards the neighbors or to a pit. the other area is a little trickier theres not really anywhere to go except maybe a pit out back but that's a long haul. let me know what you guys think

treeclearing 015.jpg

treeclearing 016.jpg

treeclearing 017.jpg

treeclearing 018.jpg

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

anyone?????

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Does that run down hill towards the neighbors house? If so, is there area of your customer's property that is that much lower? If this is the case, just run an underground pipe to a rain valve in the yard about 30 ft. out or so. These are elbow shaped pvc and have a small pop up valve that allows the water to escape. When it is done, it goes back into the ground like a sprinkler head. Also, do NOT use corrugated....use solid pvc. the problem with corrugated, is that when it is buried, it has high spots and low spots. these low spots eventually fill up with silt and junk, and eventually clog up. The other idea is to either run a. a french drain, or b. a catch basin. I just did one of the pop up things a few weeks ago at a condo, because we had to take the water out quite a ways from the house before it would run downhill, and it was WAY too far for surface spouts. I only wet about 1/3 of the way back in the yard, (about 30 ft.), so I didn't have to go through a bunch of tree roots. I am also gettig ready to do the barrel thing at my house, because I have an in between (breezeway) area between the hose and garage, and a downspout hat comes down right there...just no place to put it, because it has a driveway on one side, and a porch on the other. I will run this out into the front yard. I have to do the barrel here, because there is no drop in elevation to run the rain valve setup.