Drainage issues on a Slope help.

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by gob71, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Water at the top of the hill and not so much at the bottom... Lots of sun... Ruptured water line possible??? Subterrainian Spring?

So far nothing makes any kind of sense...

2. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

In the first two pictures there is a consistent thin and long brown patch that appears to be where a drainage line or some-thing was laid. In the first picture it is touching the hose, if you follow it left. What is that?

3. gob71

gob71 LawnSite Member

That is the trench where we laid our sprinkler system pipes a few days before I took the pics, I covered the trenches with Sod after using water to backfill the trenches. This area was a problem before we installed the sprinklers.

There are no water pipes,etc anywhere near this area other than the sprinkler parts, but like I said, this area was like this well before we installed the system that week.

4. MSlawnman

MSlawnman LawnSite Member

HI gob71: I realize your post is quite old but I was wondering if you ever solved this issue. I have a nearly identical problem on the west side of my house. The boggy area extends into my neighbors yard and I've been told by other neighbors that it (wet areas) extends all the way down the block. One explanation is that there's a layer of clay beneath the soil. Not sure if I should put in a drain or just build a pond there.