drainage problems

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by adam underwood, Apr 20, 2005.

1. adam underwood

adam underwood LawnSite Member

one of my customers is having a drainage problem. everytime it rains a stream forms and carries rocks and mud from her neighbors yard into her yard and reaps havok on her rock garden. i told her id think about it and get back to her in a few days. what do you guys think?
    she is moving soon and doesnt want to spend a lot of money....i told her i could extend the rock garden up the hill about 5 feet to her property line and hopefully it would help to keep the soil down.....but any suggestions on how i can keep all her neighbors crap from being swept into her yard?
    thanks

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Put sediment fence at the property line , mud and debris stays on the other lawn

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It is the neighbors responsiblity to keep the water thet drains off their property from doing that to her property,It's against the law here to allow water from your property to do damage to another property that ajoins it.They need to redirect the water not you.I suggest you advise the customer to have a talk with her neighbor about it.They might not be aware of it but it is their problem to fix or pay your customer damages and the $ to fix it they would owe to her.get pics as back up.

4. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

correct !!!! Noel