Drainage problems

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by the.hines, Apr 7, 2008.

1. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

Alright, so I bought my home a couple of monthes ago. Finally got a good hard rain... my yard doesn't drain... It isn't like it has a low spot that I could bury some drainage pipe and let it flow down a hill... It is all around my house which is the low part of the yard, so I would be trying to go up hill...

I thought about digging it up and putting some gravel under the ground? but I am looking for ideas??? I will post some picture when I get home...
  2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I see this all the time...and Its happened to me...You should have min of 2% slope from your house. I saw 1 house that sunk over the years bit by bit...I could tell by looking at the patio stones...they were sloped towards the house . Your home Inspection should have pointed that out to you...post some pics...some one will help you out
  3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a storm sewer in the street in front of your house? Sometimes the local municipality will allow you to connect a drain line to it. (Well not you personally unless you are an insured contractor who is qualified to work on municipal utilities.)