drawing a blank........

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ajordan193, Jun 8, 2006.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

Heres my delema....i recently picked up a customer with a fairly good size lawn that takes me roughly 2 hours start to finish with my ztr. I just recieved a call from two people who also want my services in another area i do a lot of business in. What i am looking to do is loose the big lawn and pick up the smaller ones since i'm alreay in the area and its more cost effective. Keep in mind i have no binding contract with these people and would like to leave on good terms and recieve the from the previous weeks cutting. What would you say to this customer?
  2. aklandscape

aklandscape LawnSite Member

Where in upstate are you?? I'm near brockport. Is this in the general vicinity of there. I may be able to help you out.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Unless it's too far away or not profitable enough, I'd say keep the big lawn. What happens when the 2 small lawns turn out to be pita's?:)
  4. ajordan193

from WNY

Buffalo, and yes i have thought of that and i am willing to take that chance at this time. Thanks
  5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Send them a notice stating that time studies show you cannot continue servicing the property for them at their current pricing. Give them until the end of the month to find a replacement for you.....
  6. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you have priced one large lot less than (2) smaller lots? It should average to the same. Anyway, if you want to get rid of them just tell them you don't have time.
  7. ajordan193

from WNY

thanks for the replys i'm in the process of having another lco taking over, they do a lot of work in the same area so they might as well take on another. Thanks again for all your thoughts.