1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drawing off a lake

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cjohn2000, Oct 21, 2012.

1. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Well not my first thought to put large rotor, valve in head, it would be cool, but not realistic. That much I know because nobody that I know of stocks parts, I don't have experience with valve in head and they cost 3 times for for the extra 25' of radius when I can just put in an I40 with opposing nozzles.

2. cjohn2000

Ok so found out some information today. Job contract is for approx. 250k. Landscape design calls for 1300 plants, no irrigation design biggest lawn area approx. 160' across, total property about 2.5 acres I believe.

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

That's pretty cool. Fowler is great, they are our suppliers. My boss and I have good skiing a few times with some of there head irrigation guys.

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

yikes

Does your company do the landscape/ hardscape too?

Why plant 1300 plants with no irrigation to them?

5. cjohn2000

Yeah, well demo the existing and redo it, the job had been postponed at least til March. As far as the irrigation IDK, the guy I replaced did the design on it and has no formal design experience?

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I dealt with United and Horizon until Fowler opened a branch close to me, never looked back. :clapping:

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Smells of mega?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Smells like cow pie unless it's properly designed. :dizzy:

9. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

wow, i just read this, and learned how stupid my questions must sound too you.

....wisdom....

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Cow pie is delicious .... I loves me some cow pie.