Dreading taxes

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lowcountry Lawn Care, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Anyone else dreading tax season. I know I am.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

My accountant makes it it effortless.. I do hate paying, but It's our duty and there is nothing we can do about that. So I really don't give it much thought or lose any sleep over it.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Do estimated quarterlies druing the year...that way you won't have to pay so much all at once.

4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

OUt of ALL of the parts of this job (actual production - mowing, trimming, mulching, etc.; sales, employee supervision, customer contact, accounting/bookeeping etc.) handling the TAXES is the part I HATE THE MOST!

What a pain. I get all kinds of notices/correspondence as well as making Quarterly Deposits & Monthly Payments for TAXES. WHAT A FREAKING PAIN!

Do you get the point? I HATE DEALING WITH THE TAXES.

Mike

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...don't hold back Mike, tell us how you REALLY feel :D

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

My accountant takes care of it for me, but I still hate the chuck of $ that is taken. :realmad:

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Soupy and Rodfather basically explained it in a nutshell.

I don't have a problem with tax season. I already have all of my tax information filled out. My accountant makes it easy as well. Just waiting for my wifes W-2 for I can take it into my accountant and I will be done.

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I dropped my stuff off last Thursday n got most of it back today as far a state, local n W-2's that's done ..... should get the rest in day or two

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i can't wait to do mine. should be getting some money back. now watch, when Uncle sam calls me asking for his money. Doh!!! lol

10. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

For all you guys that took a loss when you first started and filed taxes. Did it help you get a big return? I'm claiming a loss this year.