dream trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Aug 9, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys, lets say everything was free, didnt have to do any labor or anything, what would ur trailer be like? thinking with ideas of a dream trailer will give me ideas of wat to do with mine.

2. stslawncare

from DE

nobody has any ideas?

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

20 ft long enclosed haulmark, with every rack that green touch makes. hidden nova strobes in the tail lights of the trailer. keeper kreepers for the mowers to hold them down. mini air conditioning unit on the top so the mowers dont get hot in there. huge gas transfer tank on the front of the A frame part. camera mounted rearview mirror set up..... hmmmm. what else?

4. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Porta-potty, Magna-Matic blade grinder & balancer installed, on-board generator...

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Some type of power drive on the tongue jack.
    I'm thinking about rigging up something on mine this winter -12volt motor probly..:cool:

6. stslawncare

from DE

sounds nice, now how about on a open trailer?

7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

How about finding an old RV that was trashed inside, but still had a good engine and running gear. One could gut it and have a place to haul mowers and gear(with a/c )and maybe even keep the bathroom. Lots of possibilities there..............Lynn

8. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Y'know what would be great is one of those Air Stream trailers, the silver ones that are loaded with TVs, cocktail bars, and all sorts of goodies. Just have to cut a ramp access in the back and you're pretty much set to go!

9. my dream open trailer would be: it would have a gvw of at least 5 tons, and would only weigh 1000 lbs max. it would have sides that are 3 feet high, the sides would have to be mesh, but would also have to be easily removable. a nice long gate, maybe 6' long, and will take just as much weight as the trailer itself. it would go up and down by just pushing a lever. the jack would be hydro powered, or air powered. nice big bed separators, so that i can put a couple mowers on there, and dump grass clippings or leaves. and they stay put. the dump feature would also be nice. i have other ideas too, but this is enough.

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

how about a mower stacking system, somewhat like a car carrier. you could haul twice the amount of mowers.