DreamScapes Landscaping Mid-Season Update

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Jun 22, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally, I like the magnets a lot! I like them because we don't always take the truck to work-related stuff. For example, sometimes we take our Mustang to do estimates, or g-ma's Toyota, and the magnets can go on them.

Thanks. 18-20' enclosed coming this winter.

Yeah, it wasn't until I recieved the plates that I realized "oh crap, I'm an idiot".

Thanks

-Mitch-

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Magnets look great!
    Mitch, its Bradley lol, cool I will look him up. I only have a 1500, but I thought it might be nice for when I am hauling scrap, leaves, brush etc. But I might be getting a dump in a year or 2 too.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good mitch.

4. DSLND

Ok, so we brought the v-dub home today. We had it on consignment at a local car lot, but have decided to sell it ourselves.

Here is a picture with both my truck and the vw, which was "given" to me, by my grandfather.

Enjoy!

-Mitch-

Truck-VW 007.jpg

5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

just re-read and noticed that a dump insert was coming in the near future. thats a really nice truck to put one on, and w/ that short bed and an added toolbox i dont think that a dump insert or hoist would be very useful.

6. DSLND

I'm feeling the same way. Once i rack up some more miles on my current truck (just hit 111k today) I will be adding a dump truck (most likely when my truck gets over 175k miles). The current truck will be kept as a backup work truck/plow truck, and the dump truck will be my main work vehicle. I plan on working solo for a while, so the other truck could not serve as a crew truck.

-Mitch-

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice setup Mitch, I guess no more Stander since you like Lesco so much? I think you could add a 61" to your setup, that would suit you well for large lawns. I am considering a 36".

8. DSLND

I'm stuck between mower decisions right now. I really like my Lesco's, but after only one hundred hours on the 48", and about twelve on the 32", my hands are feeling the pain. I'm not sure I can keep the pistol grips too much longer. I don't really NEED a ZTR, however if I run across a used one, for a good price, I may grab it. Especially with school coming up soon, it could really give me more time off (weekends), and could help out a lot on my bigger yards.

Basically the mower combination I have now is perfect, but a ZTR could speed some things up, especially on my personal yard, six acres:dizzy:

-Mitch-

9. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

U mow 6 acres with a walk!? ouch, I would want a z-turn if I had to do that to! Looks good btw!

10. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Wow 6 acres is a lot..... I know you had good reasons for getting rid of it but that toro rider would come in handy now