1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

DreamScapes Landscaping Mid-Season Update

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

If you are looking at the trailer at TSC, carefully consider your decision. It's tough to load mowers on there without them catching on the rear gate and it is nearly impossible to load a W/B up the side gate. If you want more info, PM me

2. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Mitch, I've seriously contemplated going down to a 12' trailer, but every time I start really thinking about it, I start thinking about all the things I can't get on it because of weight or size. Most of the time my 18' is overkill, but when it's needed, it's awesome. For example, I'm probably going to build a box on the front of it for leaves this fall, and still have enough room and capacity to still carry the deere and toro... no way you could do that with a 12'... I like the open also because I can load just about anything in it... mulch, dirt, rock, firewood, mowers, cars, furniture, and about anything else you can name.

If I were you, I'd for a 16 or 18' open and be done with it.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

There is nothing wrong with changing ur mind alot, just means that you are putting more thought in to what u are spending u money on...

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

exactly right. im the king of this. but at times it bites me and i waste money too

5. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

you still wann get a compact loader mitch?

6. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Possibly a JD 855/955 w/loader & mower. Then I could do more serious brush hogging in the summer, help with snow in the winter (plow is coming for my truck, but this would be great for residential), and help around the house as well. I've looked, and the best price I have found is $10k, so I may look at bigger models if i'm going to spend that kind of $.

-Mitch-

7. DSLND

Had some time today, and both cars were home (rare occasion, one is normally in storage), so I thought it would only be appropriate....:)

-Mitch-

Old Cars 002.jpg

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just a question. Do you keep those magnets on those cars when you drive 'em around?

9. DSLND

Not really. We rarely drive them, so the magents are really never on them. If I do take one of the vehicles to do a bid, I will throw the magnets on, then wipe off underneath the sign when I get home.

-Mitch-

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Why don't you just take your truck so they could see that your serious about it? I would think twice if i saw a kid pull up in a v dub convertible.