DreamScapes Landscaping Mid-Season Update

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Jun 22, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

We normally do. Once did I take the Mustang, only because we had to pick it up from the shop. I normally take my truck, dad's Jeep, or grandma's car, it all depends on who is the co-pilot for the day:laugh:

-Mitch-

2. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

thats gotta be hard always trying to find someone to ride with u

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I like to take my Truck everywhere! I will normally put boots and jeans back on if I have to go do and estimate after I am done working, I just like to be serious about everything, not saying you aren't Mitch!

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

agreed %100. at least look nice. but i try to look decent even when i work, tuck in shirt, no holes...etc.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

One hell of a set-up there for 15 and I like how you have plans for future development. (I'm 15 too and would love to be that big!)

6. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

So I am going to update you guys on what has been going on.

I'm busy.... very busy! I am beyond too busy, and I am trying to scale back, or at least plan to scale back next year. I will weed out the least profitable accounts, and try to not work as much.

But this year has been amazing. I had no intention on doing 40 yards/week, but I am. With my helper, and myself, we are very effecient. I've trained him to do what I expect, and he does, with no problems.

I honestly don't have much more room for additional properties. Especially during spring/fall aerating, clean ups, bush/hedge trimming, etc. I don't really plan on adding many yards next year, maybe a few in another town, just to make my trip over there more effecient.

But until now, I would accept anything thrown at me, but now, I'm overbooked. I have basically stopped any advertising I have complete control of. Yards signs have been taken down at commercial property's (great idea for getting business!), magnets are off the truck, and the new mowing trailer doesn't have signs on there, only the small trailer does, and I will eventually take them off. I do stick the magnets on when I go do bids, and such, but when I'm working, I don't have them on.

Word-Of-Mouth is the best tool for collecting business, and that is what is making me successful.

-Mitch-

7. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Great job Mitch.

What's your schedule like?? I could never fit in 40 a week!!!

8. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

O yea ya could, it is all just about planning your route and working saturday and sunday:dizzy:

9. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

That's awesome Mitch!! I feel really busy, but I'm only doing 15 accounts, I can't imagine 40! Time to start bumping that hourly rate up and throwing some cash in the bank for a rainy day...

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

You know you have a good thing going when you have to start scaling back and stop advertising. You're still in high school, don't let your work get to busy where your grades start slipping.
    Ha, get your brother to hook up your old trailer to his little truck and give him a mower and a trimmer and a blower and tell him to go do something.