1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tpirobert, Feb 8, 2002.

1. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Anybody use Dreamweaver by Macromedia to design their website? If so, any suggestions/comments/helpful books etc. I am new to the program AND new to web design. Thanks

Robert

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to http://www.lynda.com they have many good and easy to follow books, cd's and video's for dreamweaver. I have some stuff from there and it worked out really good. I love to use dreamweaver, so check it out and I hope this helps!

3. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Thanks Crazygator. Took a quick look at the site and some of their offerings. Turorials, books, discusson boards.....just what I need. Thanks again.

Robert

4. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

on anysearch engine search for free dreamweaver tutorials and you will find a wealth of information. I know dreamweaver isnt the easiest program to leran but once you get it down it will be worth it.

5. aquaturf

aquaturf LawnSite Member
    from MA

Dreamweaver is great, but tough to learn if you don't know much about how to structure a web site. Try learning on FrontPage (it is probably already on your computer you use a Windows system). You will quickly outgrow Frontpage but it is easy to use and gives you a good footing to move to Dreamweaver. To make a really good site in Dreamweaver, you should learn Photoshop, and that is tricky.

So, in a nutshell, DW is great once you get some experience in FrontPage. Don't buy DW until you have a good idea what is going on with HTML and how to lay out a site. Good luck..

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Been playing around with it a little, not the easiest to learn. Next time you see me on MSN Messenger send me a note and I'll hook you up.

Ray

7. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I got dream waver a few months ago and then i got fireworks and flash to go along with it. I am stell mastering them all but one you get the hang of it you can do some pretty cool stuff. I used www.cbtcafe.com to learn some basics it is free and they have quicktime movies if you want to wach rather than read.
    Just my 2 cents.