Dress Code

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Apr 6, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of dress code do you set for you and/or your employees? I don't mean uniform shirts, but rather pants, hair/beards, jewelry, and such. Just curious on what the standard is in lawn care and landscaping.

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Boots, pant or shorts, company shirts, and hats. We like to see them show up with this stuff clean also. We used to let guys wear whatever, but it doesn't look professional. No going shirtless except for certain places.

3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Jewelry?? I don't think guys cutting grass wear jewelry.:dizzy::laugh::laugh:

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

work boots, jeans, or jean shorts, company shirt or company jacket, no piercings except hidden or single ears. must shave or keep beards trimmed, hair must be kept out of eyes, short or in ponytail. company hats only. no baggy saggys, no holes in clothing, and clothes and body must be clean and smell good at the beginning of the day. why? if you don't tell employees up front all of this, they will break all these rules and more. I want my guys to look as professional as any electrician, A/C tech or plumber out there. customers care and customers want the best.

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Neat personal appearance and company uniform.

6. freshprince94

I mean piercings and such, some crews I see look ridiculous.

7. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

My father has always told me Appearance Is Half the Battle .Peolpe more then ever in Todays world Profile. And first impprestoins last the longest-My father is old schol WW2 south pacsific vet.And was and officer

8. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

Clean old school appearance always works

9. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

My dress code is steel toe boots, full length pants, company t-shirt or a plane t-shirt hat and sunglasses if wanted and you have to wear a shirt. neatly groomed and clean. no holes in your pants or shirt. we try to stay as uniform as possible wearing blue pants and grey shirts but sometimes that doesn't always work out and i don't buy my employees there clothes so i cant hold them to it yet.

10. freshprince94

Thanks guys. I was just curious as to what the LCOs in this site require. I have seen some pretty badly dressed LCOs in my area.