Dressing up?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by NewHorizon's Land, Mar 21, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Who dresses up to meet with new clients when you will not work that day? I know that I would be impressed if someone came to me dressed up instead of in work clothes.

Thanks
    Justin

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

No jean, no t-shirts EVER!!

But thats me button down shirt and pants, it sets you apart for the typical land scraper. Plus i dont work in the field

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

if im working and have to go meet someone, i bring a shirt to change into thats not filthy. and if i have to go meet someone on a day im not working, i wear khaki pants & a polo.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Generally I show up in my birthday suit,lol. Really sets me apart from everyone:laugh: :laugh: No not really, but I try to dress as nice as possible. Khakis, A nice shirt, and still my work boots cause I work and I want to show them that I do. If I need to meet with someone right after work, I try to bring a spare shirt

5. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. I was thinking along the same lines. Khacki pants and a button down.

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I take a shower. No T Shirts, no jeans. Usually a button down short sleeve shirt and Khakis. Helps out with the client's daughters too!

7. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

i have to wear khakis and polo to my fulltime job, so when i go on estimates for lawn care im usually always "dressed up" anyway.

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I always wear khakis and nice shirt and I always carry a couple extra shirts in the truck in case I get dirty and have an appointment with a new client then I can change shirts on my way to there property

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice jeans and company polo shirt w/name and logo.

10. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

Cant hurt to dress nice...... and dont drive there in a truck.