Drink holders on mowers. Why?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I was just wondering if anybody actually uses them. I think the only time I have used mine was to hold a beer while mowing my own lawn. The beer got grass in it, so I had to drink it fast. [same thing with the next beer] Instead of cup holders, I would like to see something usefull like a satelite radio with headphone plugs.

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I second the satelite rad w/ headphone hook-up

3. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Sounds like it needs beer guards.

4. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have drink holders on all of mine except the walker. Everything bounces out of the one on the exmark. The ones on the Scags hold pretty good, but I don't use them very much. If I'm mowing large areas,(over 10 acres) and my girl friend brings me a malt, I will stick it in the holder.

5. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

problem is the carbonated drinks like beer and soda go flat so fast because of the vibrations...but i do put ice tea in our 4700 cup holder...well actually a 1/2 gallon between the 3pt lever and fender, and i'll put a drink in the backhoe cup holder but that doesnt count cause its air conditioned and not a mower

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I use mine and I drink gatorade when I work. I also have Sirius satellite radio on my mower.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

:drinkup: Beer gaurds with satelite radio. Now were onto something!! Hey grasshopper are you listening?

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We don't have any lawns that will hardly keep me on the mower let alone something to drink.:laugh:

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They are actually there so they can collect dust, dirt and clipppings and be a PITA to clean. I saw an ad for a Dixie and they had a lunchbox cooler placed in a strategically thought out "lunchbox cooler holder". I laughed and then cried, a little. Why?

10. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I use mine for bottled water and gatorade. It comes in handy when it gets hott. Never had an issue with them bouncing out.