Drip Irrigation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Nov 16, 2007.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Let's get creative.

I have an annual bed, that is also tied into thesame zone as shrub/turf areas as well.

Obvious problem is that the annuals need more water, and I can't water the turf and shrubs as much as the annuals need.

All sprays, any suggestions?

My offer was the set a separate valve for the annual bed, and just tap back into that lateral line. Thankfully the controller is about 30 ft away and there is an 8ft sidewalk to go under (i think it has a sleeve).

They want to use drip irrigation, (would love to, but I can't put sprays and drip on the same zone, that would be basically useless)

Any ideas?

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Rain Bird Xeripops.

3. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

We have used a lot of adjustable drip emitters with great success. You can regulate water for individual plants. Tie it into any zone you want but use a Rainbird retro to reduce pressure and filter the water to the emitters.

John

4. EagleLandscape

But...

I need to run this bed like 5x a week.

I can't run the turf and shrubs that much.

Therefore I will need to run the annuals on a seperate program.

tracking with me?

5. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

If you put enough water in the zone run times in these beds, you can incorporate with other zones.

Just equalize "adjustable" emitters to enable them to run with lawn/schrub zones.

Not rocket science.

John

6. EagleLandscape

Its the frequency that I need to combat, as well as the precip rate.

Can a drip emitter water at over 1.25" per hour?!?! (precip rate of brass spray)

7. I've used a few tricks to deal with this issue many times John. separating the zones is ideal. But I've got some products I'll introduce you to sometime when we cross paths.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Seems to me you would want to get the shrubs off the zone, not the annuals. In any event, if you have the wire available, use the existing valve as a "master" and split the downstream side into multiple zones. Fairly easy solution if your only splitting for a micro line that can be run back to the valve location.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent observation & suggestion...we've split tons of zones when wire was
    available..have split laterals into mains by removing valve. Spare wire &
    mainline stub-outs are still the name of the game.

10. EagleLandscape

Nah, can't do those either. It's ok an ET based clock, so I couldn't make the current valve a master & do an Add-A-Zone. I think the only thing to T into the mainline, and run new valve and come back into the lateral line that goes to the annual bed. Cap it off on the shrub zone portion. Run new wire, and snake under drive.

I'm screwed.