drip line how to

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by drmiller100, Jul 26, 2005.

1. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

so i hired a guy about 2 weeks ago. my competitors weren't paying them, so the employees all quit.

we are in teh middle of a mobile home project, i put him on it, showed him how i wanted it done, adn he's doing just fine using my recipe.

anyway, we got to talking about drip lines. he said my competitor taught him how to.
    first, use a valve. then use a pressure reducer. then, put the little gizmos in the line, and put the small pipe on it, and run it ot the shrubs.

The devil is in the details. Where was your filter? Filter????? what gph did you use? huh? they make different sizes?

He comes up to me one day, and says "you have a whole box of pressure reducers over there."
    Huh????? We walk over,and he shows me a box of 1 inch poly barbed to swing pipe stragiht throughs we use on the end fo the poly line runs.

uhhhhhhh, what did you use for runs for drip line? Swing pipe. How did you poke holes in the swing pipe?

used a torch to heat up a nail to poke a hole in it.

wow.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Hehe...

I am the only person in this area that uses 1/4" emitter tubing with built in emitters in rings around each plant. I prefer it greatly to punch in emmiters.