Drip Problem...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RedWingsDet, Aug 12, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

At one of my high end accounts I noticed a drip system needing repair...

There were several holes throughout the line and the drip line actually was removed from the fitting. I cut the drip and tried to put it back on the fitting with a clamp but it was so brittle it was breaking.... So, okay fine, I need a new drip line....

However I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do to prevent this deterioration from happening again, and if there is anything special I need to know when installing a drip line.

Thanks guys, as I have said before, this is my first year into irrigation, Ive done about 3 installs and all have been great and I'm excited to learn much more about irrigation. This is my first drip line and any tips are greatly appreciated.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I need something that I can get at JDL. Someone mentioned to me that I should get Neoprene drip line or something along those lines, he said its brown... Also do I need a pressure reducer? If so how difficult is it to install. Thanks.

4. Mike Leary

See my post above, the Netafim site will help you get into it. Netafim is
    pressure compensating..to a point.:)

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Not trying to be difficult, but I checked out the site, and they only have one distruibuter in the US, which is in Cali. I need to install this tomorrow since plants are dying, thus JDL needs to have something that will not deteriorate. I was wondering if this neoprene or brown drip line is what I need. Thanks.

6. Mike Leary

I'm betting the "brown" drip IS Netafim...get on that site & learn!:)

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I'll bite. I'm curious what poly drip line gets brittle to the point of breaking? I personally have never seen this happen with poly.

8. Mike Leary

Could be the air pollution in Detroit!

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

are you using techline?

10. Mike Leary

Isn't "techline" a Netafim product, bozo?:laugh: