Drip with pop ups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Update: I'm going to use pop-ups and convert everything to MP's. Abandoned the drip idea. I can hear everyone breath a sigh of relief. Worked this morning til noon. 100 degree+ so I'm going to wait till late afternoon and early morning to finish.

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had nothing but trouble with those spectrum halo sprays, they never seem to stay adjusted. Shrubbers seem to do okay, not everyone has unlimited budgets. . .:rolleyes:

3. Greenguy1

Greenguy1 LawnSite Member

I have kept them separate for 25 years but stopped this year... most shrubs and perrenials need very little water after established, in fact most shrub zones are turned off after a couple years never to be used again( in my area)..... I can get nearly any gph rate I want in netafim drip emitters, so when the shrubs are established they can be pinched off or removed if need be. However I never mix a spray with a gear unless there is a corner that just cannot be watered with a gear and I pinch them down to get just the small area that the gear misses. There is an exception though and that would be the MP Rotator, I have had success matching the precip. rates to the gears with them.

4. weed wacker 2

weed wacker 2 LawnSite Member

Hey ar turf, I tried pm you but it won't let me.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

My account was messed up for awhile. Try again.